Gripe Water Pros And Cons
Have you been searching desperately for a cure for your babies colic? You come across gripe water and wonder what it is. After more searching you discover that it works for some people and not for others. Confused you look into it further.
Well, you have come to the right site. The gripe water pros and cons are listed below. Let us start with the pros first.
Gripe Water Pros
1. Known as a purely herbal concoction and therefore it feels safe and natural.
2. Claims to aid digestion and soothe the symptoms of colic as well as help with babies teething.
3. Easy to give your baby as it is in liquid form.
4. Easily available in supermarkets and pharmacies.
5. No serious side effects.
Gripe Water Cons
1. Although purely herbal, each manufacturer uses different ingredients and there is no telling how your baby will react to the ingredients.
2. Gripe water only soothes the symptoms of colic and does not treat the underlying cause of colic. It claims to aid indigestion but does not treat the cause of the indigestion.
3. Gripe water is used to treat a huge range of conditions under the term colic, however it may not be suitable for babies suffering from reflux. Ginger and peppermint can cause a burning sensation in babies suffering from reflux.
4. Is not recommended for babies below the age of one month, which most babies suffering from colic fall under.
5. Some brands of gripe water contain alcohol and sodium bicarbonate which is not recommended in young babies.
6. Gripe water does not work for everyone. It seems like trial and error and what works for some does not work for others.
In summary, gripe water is a herbal liquid formula that can be taken to ease the symptoms of colic, however it is not guaranteed to work. Because it does not treat the cause of colic, it may only work for a short time period and in some cases may actually make things worse.
The different brands and ingredients available make it a mine field for mums to choose from. It is purely trial and error and is extremely difficult to recommend as a sure guarantee for treating colic.
To treat and cure colic you need to treat the cause of colic!
Find out what causes colic and how it can be treated quickly and effectively in this FREE Report ‘The Truth About Colic’ .